Monday, April 21, 2014

Miniature Monday: Doll in her Trunk

In the mid 90's I often attended the International Guild of Miniature Artisans' (IGMA.org) annual show in New York City.  Since it was so convenient for me, just a quick subway ride, I signed up for many workshops.


This little beauty was created at one of those workshops.  We made the trunk out of leather with a paper lining. We dressed and wigged the doll, made the clothes and accessories. The tiny doll is only 1 1/2 inches tall. It was a lot of fun.  I wish my record keeping was a little better back then because I can't remember the artist who taught the workshop.  

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, especially as you say she is only 1.5" tall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! Beautiful work, so neat and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful doll!! I thought of this blog when I saw the doll; http://towerhousedolls.blogspot.com Can she be the workshop artist you forgot the name on? =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ketsia,
    She is just beautiful and the trunk is wonderful. excellent work!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous little doll! And so wonderful to be able to take those classes! I had just such a doll when I was a child....! This is very special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely beautiful, great work!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ketsia! Your little doll in the trunk is wonderful and what a great memory attached to the making of it! There was so much going on in the world of miniatures back in the 90's wasn't there? So many of those Great Artisans have long since retired; but to have gleaned all of that invaluable information that only a workshop can give, must be such a treasured experience! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so impressive - the littel doll, the trunk, and the clothes. I wish they still had those shows in NYC! I would love to go to such a workshop!

    ReplyDelete