Monday, February 21, 2011

Miniature Monday - The Potting Shed

The other day, my Husband warned me that there was a bit of a catastrophe in the living room.  I walked in to find one of my shadow boxes in pieces, doll parts everywhere!  He'd done an admirable job of picking up everything he saw, but couldn't tell me how it happened...it's another miniature mystery.

Here are photos of the the pieces:


I had to sort the parts and glue everything back together.  Fortunately, living with 3 boys, 2 dogs and 2 cats, I'm really handy with glue.  Here's the fixed shadow box - almost like new, and I didn't cry:


This shadow box can hang on the wall or sit on a shelf.  It measures 14" wide X 10" high X 6" deep. The setting is the outside of a potting shed.  The instructions for this project came from The Miniature Collector Magazine.

The little girl mixing mud in the pot was made by Bonnie Justice.  The two baby boys were from KutiBabies, an Ebay vendor that hasn't sold anything in a while.  I put Grandma together in a workshop taught by Ellen's World at our NYC Club, Big Apple Miniaturists.

I made most of the flowers from punched paper and the little birdhouse from scrap wood.  I also made the pigeons at Grandma's feet from polymer clay (that was an adventure!)

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Yea, kids and pets...Without a nanny cam you'll never know. Hope you are well. Today I thought about giving you a shout but Ethan is sick AND did you look outside....It snows everytime we have a long weekend around here. Hope you are well. Perhaps our hangouts will start in the spring...I could use some long walks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work amazes me!! We have recently purchased a printers tray (a real one) and I have tonz of grand ideas, some of which include doing miniature scenes, dare I try??? (probably not, but it is fun to fantasize-LOL)
    Thank you for checking in on my life adventure, it's nice to know that someone is inspired. (that's why I blog...lol)
    Have a great week, have fun crafting!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for not crying!
    You did a great job of putting all the pieces back together again. Chaotic households breed good glue skills...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do great work. I like the lemonade and the banana the toddler is holding. :)

    ReplyDelete